The Easiest Way to Buy Bitcoin with a Credit Card
The original and largest market cap cryptocurrency has definitely cemented its position as a mainstream trading instrument in recent years, with many more traditional investors now including it as part of their portfolios. Bitcoin’s pedigree as a serious investment vehicle was further strengthened by the CME’s decision to begin listing BTC futures back in December 2017, which was followed by efforts in numerous countries to develop suitable crypto market regulation. It would appear, then, that Kaspersky’s prediction is gradually becoming reality:
You can’t stop things like Bitcoin. It will be everywhere and the world will have to readjust. World governments will have to readjust.
Given that Bitcoin is already well on its way to becoming an asset like any other, a lot of the fear associated with integrating a new instrument into an existing investment strategy has already melted away. And with crypto currently available to buy at bargain-basement prices, many would-be investors are asking themselves the same question: “How can I buy Bitcoin with a credit card?”
How can I buy Bitcoin instantly with StormGain?
Buying BTC with StormGain is super-easy and lightning fast. As soon as you’ve registered your account (just a few seconds), you’re set to begin buying Bitcoin immediately. If you choose to make an instant purchase with your debit/credit card, the whole process can be completed in under 2 minutes and the fees are among the best in the business. Don’t just take our word for it, have a look for yourself!
StormGain’s step by step guide to buying Bitcoin
- Before you begin, you’ll need a BTC wallet. As it happens, StormGain provides all its users with one upon registration. That means you can move straight to Step 2!
- Register your StormGain Sign-up only takes a few seconds and comes with none of the time-consuming verification procedures you get with other platforms.
- Buy Bitcoin using your credit/debit card. First, open the StormGain app and log in. Then, you should see a button at the top of the screen that says “BUY CRYPTO WITH A CARD” (see the image below for clarification).
- After clicking the button shown above, all you have to do is select the cryptocurrency you wish to buy (for us, that would be Bitcoin).
- To complete the transaction, just enter your card details as you would for any other online purchase and then click pay. Since StormGain is 100% secure, you can safely save your details for future crypto purchases.
- Once you’ve got your Bitcoins, you have two choices: you can hold for a guaranteed return of at least 10% annually (via our Interest on Deposits Scheme) or you can opt to test your luck on the market by trading with up to 1:200
Where else to buy Bitcoin (BTC) in the UK?
If you’d like to know how you can buy Bitcoin in the UK and, for some reason, you’ve ruled out buying your BTC directly on StormGain, there are several options open to you. Some exchanges like Binance, for example, do have extremely low rates of commission, but most of these will not accept credit cards. For this reason, our guide will only look at those that allow for instant card purchases.
Virtually everyone has heard of this crypto-for-fiat outfit. Coinbase charges its users 3.99% commission on card purchases, making it significantly more expensive than crypto-only exchanges. Unlike StormGain, they don’t offer credit card payment, meaning you are only able to pay by debit card or bank transfer. Even more bad news for Coinbase clients is that they receive zero interest on their crypto deposits, whereas StormGain gives its valued customers 10% APR on all their crypto balances.
Overview of Coinbase purchase/withdrawal costs:
- Instant buys – 3.99% + $0.10 withdrawal fee
- Standard buy and sell – 1.49$ + $0.10 withdrawal fee
If you’re looking to buy and hold crypto without any leverage, this could be a good fit for you. It is reasonably secure and the commission charged is generally fair. CEX is open to users across a wide range of countries and payment can be made via VISA, MasterCard, bank transfer or Crypto Capital (with varying taker-maker fees). Do bear in mind, however, that CEX’s security checks can take quite a while. Furthermore, some users might be tuned off by the requirement to submit photo ID.
A quick summary of typical CEX costs:
- VISA payments – 3.5% + $0.25 deposit fee and $3.80 withdrawal fee.
- MasterCard – 3.5% + $0.25 deposit fee and a 1.2 percent + $3.80 withdrawal fee.
- Crypto Capital – 3% withdrawal fee only.
- Bank transfers – free of charge.
Now, this method is highly inefficient and quite pricey, but we felt it ought to be included in the interest of fairness. First things first, you can’t actually buy BTC directly in Paypal, you will need to find a third-party platform that supports Paypal (such as LocalBitcoins). Then, on top of Paypal’s hefty commission, your exchange will also want to charge you higher fees on account of your chosen payment method. In the end, you could be looking at up to 10% in total fees, which is way above the norm even for instant, one-stop credit card purchases with no intermediaries. To sum up, not only is this process more convoluted, costly and time-demanding than making a credit card purchase with StormGain, it is also a riskier endeavour given the use of multiple platforms with well-established security vulnerabilities.
The final and perhaps most lucrative option is the p2p exchange. There are quite a few of these around, but the biggest would probably be Cointal. Since Bitcoin is literally the most popular of all digital currencies, it shouldn’t be hard to find an offer of sale. But the low fees of p2p exchanges do come with a catch: zero protection. That’s right, there’s a pretty high risk that your seller might just take your fiat and run. For this reason, many of these exchanges recommend buyers meet their sellers face to face to complete the transaction. However, this is not always practical or desirable for many crypto investors.
So how do they all compare?
YES (Official ID document)
YES (internationally-recognised ID)
YES (government-issued ID + proof of address
Instant fiat purchase fees
Available in UK
Available in US
Total countries supported
All (with some restrictions on card purchases)
Now that we’ve reached the end, we hope you found our Bitcoin buying guide useful. There are numerous different methods available, each with their own advantages and drawbacks. Typically, most users are looking for a good compromise between speed, convenience, cost and security. And when we consider the options above, StormGain is the clear winner. With near-real-time registration and a free online cold wallet, secured by uncrackable encryption, there really is no other solution that covers as many bases. And if that wasn’t enough, there’s also StormGain’s incredibly generous Interest on Deposit scheme and the massive potential for profit leveraged trading offers. So what are you waiting for?! Join StormGain now and start making money today!
Welcome to StormGain — crypto trading platform!
Trade with 200× multiplier.